What is Amisoft™ HS-11P(F) ?
Amisoft™ HS-11P(F) is an anionic emulsifier (in flake format). As it’s INCI name – Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate – states, it is made of the amino acid Glutamic Acid, produced by fermentation, and a long chain fatty acid from PO/PKO.
Benefits from its Naturality:
- ISO16128 NOI = 100%
- Upcycled at 34%
- Mild and hypoallergenic : the best application pH is close to skin’s pH (~5)
Amisoft™ HS-11P(F) is a natural (co)emulsifier
In the basic formula below, Amisoft™ HS-11P(F) promotes the formation of lamellar liquid crystal structures in combination with a fatty alcohol. These lamellar structures around oil droplets are known to stabilize an emulsion.
- Lowering the non-ionic emulsifier(s) concentration.
- Improving the emulsion stability on a larger HLB range.
- Thinner emulsions and cold process accessible.
- The flake format makes it safe and easy to manipulate
Amisoft™ HS-11P(F) is also a dispersent
Interesting property to help you making tinted creams or suncare… The example below shows a clearly better pigments dispersion in the presence of our emulsifier.
Xantam Gum phase : 91.2 %
Pigment : 7.3%
Amisoft™ HS-11P : 1.5% (A; C) or Water : 1.5% (B; D)
Amisoft™ HS-11P(F) stabilizes W/S-type foundation
In this liquid foundation example, Amisoft™ HS-11P(F) improves the emulsion stability compared to the silicone emulsifier alone.